- Save the date to Run the Bay in 2017! The 11th annual Bellingham Bay Marathon will be Sunday, September 24, 2017. We will tentatively open 2017 registration on January 1, 2017; stay tuned for further details!
- Congratulations to all finishers of the 2016 Bellingham Bay Marathon! Results for all races (marathon, half marathon, 10K, and 5K) are available here.
- Check out our 2016 shirt and medal designs!
- Competitor names BBM “one of the season’s favorites” in the “Where and When to Race” section of its July 2016 edition (p. 59, to be specific)!
Why Run The Bay?
- Featuring views of Bellingham Bay, San Juan islands, and North Cascade mountains, we are often called the most beautiful marathon in the Pacific Northwest.
- Fantastic volunteer support, course entertainment, and finish festivities – including a Boundary Bay beer garden!
- Boston qualifier marathon, USATF-certified courses, ChronoTrack chip timing
- Quality tech shirt for all participants, commemorative medal for marathon and half marathon finishers, commemorative ribbon for 10K and 5K finishers
- The Bellingham Bay Marathon is a fundraiser for the Bellingham Bay Swim Team and Whatcom FC Rangers – and we have supported various other local youth non-profits over the years.