- Have you seen this year’s official BBM artwork, “Salish Watchmen” by Neeka Cook? It’s incredible!
- We’re excited to present a new race option for 2017: the marathon team relay!
- We’ve identified about 200 potential participants in this year’s Salish Sea Series. Whidbey Island Marathon, Capital City Marathon, and North Olympic Discovery Marathon were awesome – now finish your 2017 Series strong at BBM!
- BBM is featured in Runner’s World’s 2017 Marathon Calendar! Last year Competitor also called us “one of the season’s favorites.”)
- Our 2017 expo will be at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal on Saturday, September 23 – stay our Race Expo page for further details!
Why Run The Bay?
- Featuring views of Bellingham Bay, San Juan islands, and North Cascade mountains, we are often called the most beautiful marathon in the Pacific Northwest.
- Fantastic volunteer support, course entertainment, and finish festivities – including a beer garden!
- Boston qualifier marathon, USATF-certified¬†courses, ChronoTrack chip timing.
- Quality tech shirt for all participants, commemorative¬†medal¬†for marathon and half marathon finishers, commemorative ribbon for 10K and 5K finishers.
- All net proceeds support local youth non-profits!