- 2018 registration is now open! Click here to sign up for BBM 2018.
- Save the date! The 12th annual Bellingham Bay Marathon will be Sunday, September 30, 2018 (we’re always the last Sunday in September). 2018 registration will open January 1, 2018!
- The Bellingham Bay Marathon has once again partnered with Whidbey Island Marathon, Capital City Marathon, and North Olympic Discovery Marathon to form the Salish Sea Road Race Series. Click here for more information!
- Congratulations to all 2017 finishers; click here for results and photos!
- We’re excited to present a new race option for 2017: the marathon team relay!
- Did you know? BBM was featured in Runner’s World’s 2017 Marathon Calendar, and in 2016 Competitor called us “one of the season’s favorites.”)
Why Run The Bay?
- Featuring views of Bellingham Bay, San Juan islands, and North Cascade mountains, we are often called the most beautiful marathon in the Pacific Northwest.
- Fantastic volunteer support, course entertainment, and finish festivities – including a beer garden!
- Boston qualifier marathon, USATF-certified courses, ChronoTrack chip timing.
- Quality tech shirt for all participants, commemorative medal for marathon and half marathon finishers, commemorative ribbon for 10K and 5K finishers.
- All net proceeds support local youth non-profits!