Note: the details below are from 2017. 2018 course details will be published as they are confirmed.
Note: click “Menu” (on upper right corner of map), then “Hills,” to see elevation profile. Total elevation gain is approximately 500 feet.
Course Turn-by-Turn Directions
- Start on Railroad Ave in front of Depot Market Square (1100 Railroad Ave, 98225)
- Left on W Holly St
- Right on Bay St, immediate left on Prospect St, continue on Dupont St
- Left on Broadway, then right on Madison St
- Left on Henry St, immediate right on Eldridge Ave, continue on Marine Dr
- Right on Alderwood Ave, merge with marathon athletes, stay right to continue on Alderwood
- Cross over, then turn right on, Bennett Dr
- Left on Cottonwood Ave, continue along short pedestrian path
- Right on Firwood Ave
- Left on Cedarwood Ave
- Right through Birchwood Park to Coast Millennium Trail, descend into Squalicum Creek Park, continue on Squalicum Pkwy, continue on Roeder Ave, continue on W Chestnut St
- Right on Cornwall Ave
- Left on Maple St
- Right on Railroad Ave
- Left on E Laurel St
- Right on South Bay Trail, cross pedestrian bridge, cross Wharf St to continue on South Bay Trail, cross railroad tracks to Boulevard Park, cross Pattle Point Trestle, continue on S Bay Tr, cross Taylor Avenue Dock, ascend
- Left on 10th St, ascend on S State St, continue on Boulevard St, continue on N State St
- Left on E Laurel St
- Right on Railroad Ave to finish line in front of Depot Market Square (1100 Railroad Ave, 98225)
A beautiful course starting in downtown, moves through beautiful neighborhoods, along waterfront and over top Bellingham Bay while offering sea & mountain vistas before returning to an exciting finish downtown.
Start on Railroad Ave in front of Depot Market Square in downtown Bellingham. The course runs through Bellingham and makes its way through Columbia Neighborhood north of downtown for miles 1 through 3. A gentle ascent with views of Bellingham Bay and islands welcomes athletes to mile 4. Get a rush of energy as marathoners and half marathoners merge near mile mark 4, then enjoy peeks of Mount Baker through Birchwood Neighborhood while coasting down 140 feet over miles 5, 6 and 7. Athletes make their way to downtown Bellingham along the waterfront for miles 8 and 9. Leaving downtown Bellingham for miles 10 and 11, the course runs along the evergreen South Bay Trail through Boulevard Park over-water across 172 meters long Pattle Point Trestle and 400 meters long Taylor Avenue Dock while admiring Grace and views, sounds and smells of the bay. Gently ascend through mile 12. For the final mile, enjoy a gentle descent with panoramic views of Bellingham Bay with the crowds cheering athletes to the finish line near Depot Market Square.