Bellingham Bay Marathon – Half Marathon
The Half Marathon will take place on Sunday, September 26th
- Half Marathon Participants will start outside of the Depot Market Square on Railroad Ave., towards E. Chestnut St.
- Left on E. Holly St.; E. Holly becomes W. Holly
- A nice downhill occurs, before Half Marathon participants will take a Right onto F St.
- Left onto Dupont St.
- Left onto Broadway
- Right onto Eldridge Ave.
- Mile 2 is off Eldridge, at Keesling Sr.
- Eldridge becomes Marine Dr.
- Right onto W. Illinois St. for a cute little out-and-back
- Right to get back onto Marine Dr.
- Mile 4 is halfway down Marine, before Locust Ave.
- At this point Half Marathoners will merge with Marathoners for the duration of the course
- Right onto Alderwood Ave.; Alderwood Ave. becomes Airport Dr.
- Right onto Bennett Dr. for a nice downhill stretch; Mile 6 is off Bennett before McLeod Rd.
- Left onto Cherrywood Ave.
- Right onto Alderwood Ave.
- Left onto Bennett Dr.
- Left onto Cottonwood Ave.; Mile 8 is off Cottonwood, at the intersection of Pinewood. At the end of Cottonwood Ave., Half/Full participants will take a pedestrian trail just short of W. Maplewood, before taking a hard Right onto Firwood Ave.
- Firwood Ave. will end directly into the park system of Squalicum Creek Park, upon which participants will take a Left onto the trail & down a short hill to descend into Squalicum Creek Park
- Off the trail system, Half Marathon participants will merge onto Squalicum Parkway, for a nice downhill portion
- Squalicum Pkwy will curve Left & become Roeder Ave.; Mile 10 is between Squalicum Way & Coho Way
- Right on Coho Way to enter the Harbor
- Coho Way will curve Right into S Harbor Loop Dr.
- Right onto the Pedestrian Trail, past the Fisherman’s Memorial, around Zuanich Point Park; this will be the first loop of the Harbor Loops, popping participants back onto Roeder Ave. before curving Right to tackle the 2nd Harbor Loop. around Tom Glenn Common; the pedestrian trail will curve Left at the end
- Right onto Bellwether Way (Mile 12)
- Right on Roeder Ave.; Roeder Ave. becomes W. Chestnut St.
- Right onto Cornwall Ave.
- Left onto E. Maple St.
- Left onto Railroad Ave.
- Finish back on Railroad Ave., at Market Depot Square