Also see: SWAG, PRIZES & AWARDS
The Bellingham Bay Marathon seeks to attract a broad range of participants, including locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally competitive runners. We offer a limited number of complimentary race entries to elite athletes who qualify.
Please note the following:
- Qualifying races must have been run on or after October 1, 2018, on courses certified by USATF, AIMS or IAAF. Results must be verifiable by our elite entry coordinator.
- We will review elite entry applications on a case-by-case basis as we receive them. Once your elite entry application has been approved, you will have one week to register online for the race.
- Preference will be given to athletes who have qualifying times at the distance they wish to run (e.g., marathon qualifying time for marathon elite entry). However, we may consider exceptional/multiple qualifying times at shorter distances (e.g., half marathon qualifying time(s) for marathon elite entry) for athletes who do not have qualifying times at the distance they wish to run.
- To apply for elite entry, please send your request through our contact form (using the “Elite Entry” category). All requests should include qualifying race details and links to any online results.
- Elite entries are non-transferable. Race transfers by elite athletes must be approved by the race director and may result in disqualification of eligibility for awards and prize money.
- We do not offer travel stipends for elite athletes.