AUGUST COVID UPDATE
Bellingham Bay Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K presented by PeaceHealth will be hosted virtually from September 21st to October 4th. Full details will be announced the week of August 25th.
We would like to thank everyone who has registered for The Bellingham Bay Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K. We know all of you have been training hard and have been looking forward to achieving your goals. That is why we have worked extremely hard to find a safe way to make the Bellingham Bay Marathon happen. We have worked extremely hard on putting together a format in which all runners would be socially distanced and safe before, during and after the race. Unfortunately, the only way in which we would be granted a permit to run the event is if we are in Phase 3. Even though we do have high hopes we will be in Phase 3 by September 27th we have been left with an inadequate amount of time to safely prepare to host a live event. We need at minimum 45 to 60 days advance notice for us to prepare adequately. Therefore, we are forced to switch the 2020 Bellingham Bay Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and Relay to a virtual run.
All currently registered participants will get the option to either defer their full entry to 2021 Bellingham Bay Marathon weekend or to take part in the Virtual Run. For the virtual run we have some really fun Challenges planned and will be offering a drive through packet pickup. All virtual participants will get their Finisher Medal, Race Shirt, Bib Number and will all be entered to win some really fun prizes and awards. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds. Any proceeds left over will still go to Bellingham Rangers Youth Soccer and Bellingham Bay Youth Swim Club. We will offer free shipping of virtual packets to everyone in Washington State. Shipping will be $10 if in the US but outside Washington State and will be $15 for Canadian Residents.
We would also like to take this time to let everyone know that Bellingham Bay will be going to a 2 day format in 2021 and will take place the weekend of September 25th and 26th 2021. The 5K and 10K will take place on Saturday and the Half and Full Marathon will be on Sunday. We have also revamped the full marathon course so it no longer runs over railroad tracks. We hope to see all of you in 2021!
Click to skip to: Team Fees & Info
Bellingham Bay Virtual Run Presented By Peacehealth
- Virtual Run will take place between September 21st and October 4th
- Will include Bellingham Bay Race Shirt, Finisher Medal and Bib Number (If you could show them all that would be great).
- Virtual Run will include fun Challenges along with random prizes and awards for social media and Strava Posting.
- A drive through packet pickup option will be available for those in the Bellingham area. Shipping will be free for everyone within the State of Washington. It will be an additional $10 for US Residents outside WA and $15 for Canadian Residents.
Please note the following
- All registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable (except toward your own race change).
- There is an additional processing fee for online registration. Register in person at our partner running store BBay Running in downtown Bellingham to avoid online processing fees. .
- Each team needs a team captain. The team captain will create a new team and pay its entire registration fee. Upon registering the team, the captain will receive a confirmation email including a “Manage Teams” link. After following this, the captain can invite other team members to add themselves, or they can add the other members.
- To join the team, new team members should choose the same registration option as their team captain: Marathon Relay. New team members should select “Join team” then search for/choose the appropriate team. There is no registration fee to join a team once the captain has created it.