Also see: Swag, Prizes & Awards
The Bellingham Bay Marathon seeks to attract a broad range of participants, including regionally, nationally, and internationally competitive runners. We offer a limited number of complimentary race entries to elite athletes who qualify.
Please note the following:
- Qualifying races must have been run on or after October 1, 2016, on courses certified by USATF, AIMS or IAAF. Results must be verifiable by our elite entry coordinator.
- We will review elite entry applications on a case-by-case basis as we receive them, and the number of elite entries is limited to 10 per division. Once your elite entry application has been approved, you will have one week to register online for the race.
- Preference will be given to athletes who have qualifying times at the distance they wish to run (e.g., marathon qualifying time for marathon elite entry). However, we may consider exceptional/multiple qualifying times at shorter distances (e.g., half marathon qualifying time(s) for marathon elite entry) for athletes who do not have qualifying times at the distance they wish to run.
- To apply for elite entry, please send your request through our contact form (using the “Elite Entry” category). All requests should include qualifying race details and links to any online results.
- Elite entries are non-transferable. Race transfers by elite athletes must be approved by the race director and may result in disqualification of eligibility for awards and prize money.
- We do not offer travel stipends for elite athletes. For those who request it, we will gladly arrange a home stay with a local runner, and chances are he/she will be able to help you with ground transportation while you are in town.